A Brief History of Katy
The first settlement in Katy began in 1872 and was known as Cane Island. In its early days, Katy was known as a rail hub, a rice farming and agricultural center, and one of the biggest gas fields in this section of Texas. In 1920, Katy had a population of about 120 residents. In addition, the small town had a bank, two hotels, two livery stables, two lumberyards, and a saloon. The discovery of oil soon brought The Humble plant (now known as Exxon) to the area and soonreached a peak production of 13,000 barrels a day by January 1945. During World War II the size of the reserves and the proximity of Houston-area refineries made Katy the main gas-condensate field in the United States. In consequence, the creation of the gas field resulted in a doubling of the population in Katy by the middle of the 20th century. The City was finally incorporated in 1945 with C. L. Baird serving as the first mayor. The construction of Interstate 10 in the 1960s further increased development in the area. Such was the growth in the Katy area that by 2008 i10 (also known as Katy Freeway) was reconstructed into 26 lanes in some areas, making it the widest highway in the world.With a current population of about 15,000 Katy has a traditional family style community with both great academic schools and one of the best high school football programs in the country, making Katy one of the best suburbs in the Greater Houston area.
Now that you learned a little history about Katy TX, what about a reliable house cleaning company in the Katy area?
Maid Service in Katy
After a long day at work, we all want to come home to a spotless clean home. Detail Cleaning Services can make that happen at an affordable rate on a recurring basis in Katy TX.
We believe that a great maid service experience begins from the time you contact us to request an estimate. Our customer service team will answer any concerns or questions you might have in a timely manner. Detail Cleaning Services is only a short drive from Katy TX so a team of maids can be readily available whenever you are ready for a housecleaning.
- A Family Owned Business that will treat you like their own in the Katy area.
- Are you or your spouse a Veteran living in Katy? Please ask about our 10 percent Veteran Appreciation Discount. We are a Veteran owned business and understand what it means to serve.
- Five Star Quality- All maids are on a performance bonus so there is an extra reward to make you happy!
- Never in a Rush- There is no time pressure to complete a job, the maids are encouraged to take their time.
- Consistency- Our goal is to make you say “WOW” after every cleaning.
- Quality Control Team Leaders- Most teams have a Quality Control Leader to double check their work and ensure the utmost quality standards are met.
- We have excellent employees- we are responsible for payroll taxes and workers compensation, NOT you!